I have to say, the thing that basically got me interested in electric powered cars was the Tesla Roadster. I truly love cars and when I saw so it accelerates HOW FAST? (0-60mph in less than 4 seconds.) – it definitely caught my eye. Ever since that I’ve been looking for the perfect electric transport for my children and learning a horrible lot on the way. I have to say at the start I came across myself EXTREMELY CONFUSED, EXTREMELY FAST when I tried to find out about electric cars! Electric bicycles and electric scooters are great…. but also for me and other people…. there’s no beating the cars!
But when I began to look closer there was a variety of things going against electric cars. electric car sander Like…there are lots of nice looking sports cars… but they’re so unbelievably expensive for what they give – and you will have to queue up! OR… you can get another one that’s PLUG UGLY – but hopefully you’ll feel much better knowing your saving the environment! OR… oh wait! Here is a car that can give you whatever you need… would you like one? Sorry, they’re not out for another 12 years once we get around to making it!AND… that one is REALLY CHEAP… however it won’t do anything fancy like.. GO UP A HILL and you’ll usually have to recharge it about 10 times each day! So where are the important points in all of this science fiction and promises? Well this is a few of the “Truth” I discovered electric powered cars all things considered my research. What really is definitely an Electric Car? There are certainly a few different types of Electric cars:
– Neighbourhood Electric Vehicles
(NEVs) or Low Speed Electric Vehicles (LSVs) are electric cars with a comparatively small range (about 40 miles) and a small speed (legally 25mph in the USA). Such cars will be used in towns or cities where you wouldn’t be travelling far like in London where cars just like the Reva G-wiz has flourished. Or it’s used in resorts and neighbourhoods where they often appear to be a done up golf cart just like the GEM e-series electric cars. You can find electric cars just like the Tesla Roadster or the Tango electric car which are created to be able to maintain a standard petrol/diesel car. These cars can continue motorways and can usually travel fairly long distances (100-200 miles). There’s also plug-in hybrids available which aren’t fully electric but come close enough. They can be charged from the plug as well as by the engine and can travel solely on electricity until their (usually small) battery range runs out.
– What promises do Electric Cars make?Well to start with – a greener, petrol-free tomorrow! They can be run using clean electricity (not from the coal fired plant) and can run emission free if you want. Sounds very good in my experience!
So what promises can’t they make at this time? Unfortunately there’s many today:
– Cheap and reliable batteries
– A goodinfrastructure of recharging spots and a fast recharge time.
– Many different makes of cars available now.
– Plenty of great value cars that could travel long distances (they can mostly still only get 50-100 miles range).
– That the organization making or selling them won’t disappear whenever you want as they’re mostly distributed by smaller companies.
– A competitive price – they’re always much more pricey than normal cars. The great thing though is that most these things are constantly improving and there’s set to be big changes in the coming few years.
– So just how do they work? Well the all-electric cars both work in an identical way. The petrol/diesel tank is replaced by lots of batteries which provide the electric “fuel “.You can find three forms of batteries lead-acid, nimh and li-ion, with li-ion batteries storing the absolute most energy whatsoever number of space.
A regulator then ensures the vitality from the batteries is nice and steady. The engine is then replaced by way of a motor that will be usually put as close as possible to the wheels, and sometimes in the wheels themselves. There are certainly a few forms of motors available but I won’t get into that right now. A potentiometer then measures just how much you’re pressing down on the accelerator and tells the motor. This happens smoothly and gives a huge amount of torque instantly. Most electric cars have unbelievable acceleration!
– How are Electric Cars designed? Well there are a few things that come first in most electric car designs. Air Resistance and weight are two huge issues. As the batteries add so much weight to the car it needs to be designed as light as possible, which explains why lots of the cars are very small. The batteries are also usually put at the bottom of the car to help keep the weight low and stop it from toppling. All that weight at the bottom means even when the biggest SUV side swipes you, you’re not going anywhere! Lower air resistance also helps with the number as the car won’t have to make use of energy attempting to fight the air.
– How about the continuing future of electric cars? The long run is looking very good for the electric car. Most major manufacturers have a power car planned for about 2010 or 2011 which shows how mainstream it’s becoming and you can find even some great cars on the way from a few of the smaller companies.Future technology also looks bright as there are plenty of breakthroughs coming regularly nowadays.Read More